Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What to wear in Quito

I love to observe people. Waiting for Sol to finish her shopping one Saturday, I sat on a bench to watch what people wear in Quito. It is cold in this city. Most women wear pants. Among the well heeled, the women wore tailored slacks with beautiful long sleeved sweaters. The colors were often muted. I saw a variety of long knitted scarves. I also saw lots of nice leather shoes. The younger kids wore jeans, boots, tennis shoes, a variety of tops plus the scarf. Some wore jackets, some didn't I didn't see much skin because if I had it would have had goose bumps!

My first clothing purchase in Quito was a white knit shawl. My short sleeved tops have mostly stayed in the closet. People tell me this isn't the cold season!! I'm going to need to find a sale on long johns.

No comments:

Post a Comment