Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Stomach Bug

For the most part Quito is a healthy place to live. The hospitals and medical care is good. The food is varied and plentiful. You don't have to deal with disease ridden mosquitoes or amoebas lurking in every corner. The only mosquitoes I've seen here were sickly and disoriented and seemed to have a touch of altitude sickness. :) BUT everywhere there are people, there will be viruses that they freely and generously share. The first day kids started showing up at school, the stomach bug began it's feeding frenzy among us. I fell victim this week for a couple of days then had an even harder relapse. I've survived but really hope I don't run into that virus again for a while. The cure for nausea down here is called Tea of Oregano. You smell like a pizza for a while but it does settle your stomach. I hope to get more pictures soon. Now that school has started and the construction is mostly done at school, I'll do a tour for you this week...barring any viral attacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment